Table of Contents
Welcome to Master Audio, the most advanced audio plugin on the Asset Store! Master Audio takes advantage of the latest and greatest Unity features such as Addressables, Fast Play Mode and more!
This page contains links to all pages of the Master Audio online documentation. The programming API can be found here.
Also, please take a few minutes to check out the included 4 or so Example Scenes in
Assets\Plugins\DarkTonic\MasterAudio\ExampleScenes for examples of a lot of concepts.
- How to create your first sound effect
- How to create your first sound effect with Variations
- How to create a sound effect using Addressables
- How to play an ambient sound effect
- How to play a sound effect from a collision
- How to create your first music playlist
- Welcome Window: Make sure to enable features you need first, such as physics!
- Master Audio Manager: The window you create your Master Audio prefabs from.
- Installation Folder: If you need to change it, read here.
- Audio Origins: Use to specify whether your Audio is an Addressable, Resource File or normal clip.
Master Audio game object: Setup your sound effects, music and a lot more.
- Localization: Language support.
- Advanced Settings: Many options for custom behavior, including VR.
- Occlusion Settings: Detect when something blocks your audio from the Listener.
- Music Ducking: Make your music quieter during certain sounds.
- Group Mixer: Set up your sound effects.
- Playlist Settings: Set up your music!
- Custom Events: Make custom audio behavior without writing code!
- Playlist Controllers: These play your music in a variety of powerful modes.
- Dynamic Sound Group Creators: A prefab that enables per-Scene sound effects or "audio skins", and even Localization!
- Persistent Settings: Persistent volume and other settings.
Triggering Audio Without Coding: Many scripts here to help you out!
- Ambient Sound: Play ambient sounds with this powerful script to maximize audio performance.
- Event Sounds: Super powerful audio behavior script to do 90% of what you need, including Timeline support!
- Footstep Sounds: This can help you configure footstep sounds based on tags or layers.
- Mechanim State Sounds: This script will let you specify sounds to play inside Mechanim!
- Mechanim State Custom Events: This script will let you specify Custom Events to fire inside Mechanim!
- Triggering Audio Through Code: Sample of the API.
- Plugin Integration: Playmaker, UFPS, Behavior Designer, Resonance Audio, NGUI, and many more!
- Bulk Audio Importer: Bulk apply changes to Audio Clips.
- Sound Group Organizer: This helps manage audio among multiple Scenes.
- Multiplayer Functionality: Read here about multiplayer functionality, including how to enable it.
- Preparing the Project: If you're adding Master Audio after already having some audio behavior set up.
- Best Practices: Dark Tonic recommendations on setup.
- Audio Memory Allocations: Technical information on best performance and memory usage.
- Troubleshooting and Diagnostics: A summary of all the diagnostics and troubleshooting tools available in Master Audio.